Interested in seeing how your company could profit from nature inspired solutions? We propose an industry internship program through which you could explore the potential of biomimetics and bio-inspiration with highly talented Masters and Ph.D. level students from leading Swiss Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences.
The Industry Internship Program in Biomimetics is a cross-collaborative initiative of Swiss science institutes and leading bioinspired organisations in Switzerland:
- EPFL Bioinspired Projects Platform
- NCCR Bioinspired Materials, who together with University of Fribourg and Adolphe Merkle Institute have started a Master of Science in Chemistry and Physics of Soft Materials
- ETHZ Complex Materials Laboratory
- Univ. of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwes Switzerland
- Shift Zurich – an event partner to promote the industry internship results in August/September 2018 Shift conference
A few studies issues from Swiss Universities and Institutes of Technologies that use bioinspired approach to push the borders of existing technologies.
Depending on the partnering University the program can last 2 to 6 months and may focus on 3rd year Bachelor, and Master and Ph.D. students. Over that period a student is working full- or part-time in your company on a given problem.
The program enables you to:
- Explore biomimetics in a risk free way
- Recruit talent with high quality students from Swiss and German leading Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences
- Get in direct contact with leading bioinspired scientists and institutes in order to further develop biomimetic approaches and programs for your company
- Gain visibility and advertise your companies work at the 4th SHIFT Zurich 2018, through a student projects competition. The bi-annual SHIFT Zurich convenes the world’s leading experts in bioinspired innovation and finance.
IDEATION PROGRAM IN BIOMIMETICS AND BIO-INSPIRATION FOR INDUSTRY?
If you are a company seeking support from top-level science institutes to analyze your technical challenge and discuss potential solutions, you are invited to submit your problem that you would like to tackle. Support for working on these problems and ideation sessions can be arranged efficiently and quickly.
WANT TO MEET BIOINSPIRED TALENT AND SOLUTIONS?
CONTACT US TODAY TO LEARN MORE.
Darja Dubravcic, PhD
EPFL Bioinspired Projects Coordinator
Given that each Universtiy has it’s own platform for difussing the internships, we strongly encourage companies to put their internships directyl on such platforms. For the EPFL students this is: http://stages.epfl.ch/ .
Here are some Industry Internships in Biomimetics: